Prepare time: 30 min Cooking time: 1 hr Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
This thin crust pizza dough recipe will be a hit in your house.
- 1 cup of rice (we use a standard tea/coffee mug)
- 2 tbsp şehriye (orzo or vermicelli)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups hot water or stock
- Heat your butter in a deep saucepan over a low heat.
- Now add your şehriye (orzo) to the pan and stir around for a few minutes until you see it start to change colour.
- As soon as you notice the orzo start to go brown, add your cup of rice and continue to stir. Remember to keep the pan over a low heat and keep stirring, otherwise your rice and orzo will burn.
- After 3-4 minutes, add the water or stock.
- There will be a big sizzle and the liquid will bubble up. Turn up the heat and bring the rice to the boil, fully.
- Once the rice is boiling, give it a couple of stirs around, put a lid on the pan, leaving a small gap, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Leave your rice to simmer for 8-10 minutes until the water or stock has absorbed.
- Now remove from the heat, put the lid firmly on the pan and leave your Turkish rice to stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fork through your rice.