Prepare time: 20 min Cooking time: 1 hr 20 min Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
Risotto takes a while to cook properly, and it requires your attention as well as your time.
- 1½ cups arborio riceb
- 1 qt chicken stock
- ½ cup vermouth or another dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot or ½ small onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3 Tbsp whole butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a bowl of water and drain.
- Heat up a sauté pan to medium and add the quinoa. Roast for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add butter, vegetable broth, and soy milk. Stir continuously for about 10 minutes or until the quinoa is slightly tender.
- Add the asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has been soaked up. Keep stirring.
- Turn off the heat, add cheeses, and stir.